HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Shoes thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tim
Admin

PostSubject: Shoes thread   Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:22 am

They're probably the most important piece of equipment for any Tracuer.

So post in here about any shoes you think are good for parkour, personally I think Kalenjis are best Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://adelaideparkour.go-board.com
Brooke Whatnall

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:56 am

After many months of going through $20 trainer's, and then forking out $200+ for a pair of Five.Ten's, I got put onto Nike Dart's by Spidermonkey, they were recommended by a lot of Tracuers and Freerunners alike. They are just as grippy as Five.Ten's in the wet, concrete and firt surfaces, and far grippier on chromed metal and painted metal.

They are lighter and more flexible than Five.Ten's, oh and I forgot to mention, a third of the price at $80

You can get them at Rebel Sports at Myer on Rundle Mall or A-Mart Sports on Grenfell Street.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportsnap.com.au
FemaleTraceur

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:20 am

woot for Nike Darts!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jake the traceur

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:05 pm

i was trying to work out what shoes i should get, but you have just made my mind up for me, nike darts it is
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jacob_jew
tim
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:17 am

yeah I just got some Darts not long ago, theyr heaps good eh
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://adelaideparkour.go-board.com
Lemphek

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:19 am

I use $20 dunlops. Nothing works better.

You and your expensive shoes. Darts aren't bad...but they're no better than any other shoe.

Seriously; most shoes you get from Kmart will be better (and cheaper) to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antek

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:03 am

K-Mart and Target shoes aren't too bad, except for the fact they will fall apart and die in a good days training. Nike Darts will last considerably longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sydneyparkour.com/
Lemphek

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:11 am

Antek wrote:
K-Mart and Target shoes aren't too bad, except for the fact they will fall apart and die in a good days training. Nike Darts will last considerably longer.

Yeah, depends what you buy. I have some dunlop and diadora pairs that have lasted me over 3 years. Then again, I know people who have bought $30 shoes and had to throw them out after a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbzeld

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:54 am

I got K Swiss they were great when I frist got them. But they get trashed really easy. I got to get new shoes I was thinking of 510 free runners

Last edited by mbzeld on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brooke Whatnall

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 am

Five.Ten freerunners have got rave reviews, apart from chrome'd metal, which, I can say from first hand experience, the Darts are great at.

I just couldn't justify triple the price for a pair of shoes.

Currently I have used the Nike Darts for a year and a half, and am on my second pair, not bad considering thats 25 cents a day for some brilliant shoes.

"Your only going to be as fast as your slowest technique"
Blane

http://www.sportsnap.com.au/parkour for all my PK shots
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportsnap.com.au
FemaleTraceur

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:14 am

kalenji success' are supposed to be one of the ultimates for parkour shoes, but as far as i know u can only get them in london Sad have any of you guys used them? or know where u could get them in australia?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antek

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:38 pm

FemaleTraceur wrote:
kalenji success' are supposed to be one of the ultimates for Parkour shoes, but as far as i know u can only get them in London Sad have any of you guys used them? or know where u could get them in Australia?

Yeah, I've had a pair, and will be getting a few more pairs if possible.
They're not really "ultimate" Parkour shoes. The reason they're used so much is because they're so damn cheap. 10POUNDS! Other than that, they're generally the same as Darts.
And you can get them all over Europe from Decathlon stores, not just London. Unfortunately, Decathlon are saying they will no longer be stocking this item. So there has been a pretty big uproar from Traceurs around the world. There's a FaceBook page about it with thousands names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sydneyparkour.com/
Raap!d

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Tue May 05, 2009 4:33 pm

Just a quick notification to anyone as stupid as me...

From some random Chinese vendor i bought these $25 shoes from her and they have lasted me about 4 - 5 months now, but i need to get new shoes, badly! Tip: Cheap shoes are good, shoes with no sole are terrible.. These shoes are compy as hell because you fit so sungly, but as soon as you jump off anything over a metre and a half tall you really start feeling it though the balls of your feet. Make sure the bottom of the shoe, especially the toes are resonably thick, otherwise your feet will feel like you havent warn shoes at all.

Also, grip is important. i wore through all the grip on these shoes, and while this is good for Shuffling, its absolutely horrible for balancing on rails and running up walls. just make sure that the shoes are thick, durable (which usually depends on the thinkness) and have good grip.

Then you will be a-shoe-ing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lemphek

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Wed May 06, 2009 6:14 am

Raap!d wrote:
Just a quick notification to anyone as stupid as me...

From some random Chinese vendor i bought these $25 shoes from her and they have lasted me about 4 - 5 months now, but i need to get new shoes, badly! Tip: Cheap shoes are good, shoes with no sole are terrible.. These shoes are compy as hell because you fit so sungly, but as soon as you jump off anything over a metre and a half tall you really start feeling it though the balls of your feet. Make sure the bottom of the shoe, especially the toes are resonably thick, otherwise your feet will feel like you havent warn shoes at all.

Also, grip is important. i wore through all the grip on these shoes, and while this is good for Shuffling, its absolutely horrible for balancing on rails and running up walls. just make sure that the shoes are thick, durable (which usually depends on the thinkness) and have good grip.

Then you will be a-shoe-ing Very Happy

I disagree...I have very thin-soled shoes, and they work perfectly. Obviously, if the sole of your shoe is less than 1cm think you will have problems as it provides no support...but if you try parkour with basketball shoes on (with think soles), you will have so much trouble getting anywhere, as they are impossible to 'keep in control' with.

And seeing as parkour is all about staying in control...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StephentheQueen

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   Wed May 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Seeing as I need new shoes (grip on k-swiss is about 1-2mm at the balls and up), I might try the darts. COS I HAVE A JOB AND CAN PAY FOR THEM, huzzah!

though I might go on the cheap and the dunlop's- it'll make for better technique and conditioning too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoes thread   

Back to top Go down

Shoes thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1